Monday, June 15, 2009

Solaris SP21HB Electric Lawn Mower Review

Hello Readers,


Welcome to another exciting Lawn Mower Review here at the Lawn Tool Master blog. It’s time to bring you another excellent lawn mower review, today I have chosen the Solaris Electric Lawn Mower SP21HB. One bit of advice for the entire industry, name your lawn mowers better please. Something like Solaris E21 would be cool or Solaris Grass Eater 2000 would be even better. Just a thought, it would definitely make it easier for me to remember product names and make recommendations to people I happen to run in to at the hardware store looking for hardware. Okay, so it’s more like I’m trying to find them and preach…but hey, we are all passionate about something, even if that something is nothing. Anyway, on to the Solaris Sp21HB Electric Lawn Mower Review.



This Solaris Lawn Mower is a self propelled model. I generally shy away from self propelled lawn mowers because it just means there’s an extra thing to break down. I might change my mind when I’m in my 50’s and need things to be as easy as possible….but I probably won’t’ be doing all my own gardening by then either, I’ll probably hire a gardener to do my heavy lifting and do the fun stuff myself. From what I understand, the self propulsion system itself isn’t all that powerful anyway, but that’s to be expected from just about anything related to power on an electric lawn mower.



One thing I particularly like are the on and off board charging options. That means you don’t have to unplug the battery to charge it. I lose things a lot and this feature makes it much less likely my yard will look nappy because I can’t for the life of me remember where I put the battery. Another thing I like is the wide range of cutting height options. The height can be adjusted from 1.5 inches to 3.5 inches, which is much more than I can say for many residential grade lawn mowers in general. OH, there’s also a battery indicator. Battery charge indicators are seldom included in electric lawn mowers, a fact I wish were not so.



Overall, this is not a good electric mower. Like many electric lawn mowers I award low scores to, there are simply more powerful models out there for less money. If you’re looking for a good electric lawn mower with decent power at a good price check out more of my reviews or just visit Amazon.com. There are plenty of lawn mowers to choose from!

No comments: