Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Worx Electric Lawn Mower WG712 Review

Worx Electric Lawn Mower WG712 ReviewWorx Electric Lawn Mower WG712 Review
Worx Electric Lawn Mower WG712 Rating: 4 stars out of 5 for excellent height options but a short cutting blade
Price: $229.99

I’ve seen many lawn mower manufacturers try to mask their poor quality lawn mowers and garden tools with cool looking frames and paint jobs. A lawn mower that stands out from the crowd signals my mind to danger! That same signal went off the first time I set eyes on the Worx Electric Lawn Mower WG712. I thought it was another lemon wrapped in excellent packaging. Closer examination revealed I was wrong.

We all know the benefits of an electric lawn mower. No oil to replace or those annoying trips to the gas station when you realize your gas can is empty; neither are there air filters to remove and clean or replace. But we’ll ignore those benefits to having an electric lawn mower for now and focus on the features of the Worx Electric Lawn Mower like the .75” – 2.75” adjustable cutting height. I generally keep my grass cut at 2”, so cutting height is almost never an issue when I purchase a new lawn mower. However, I do like to know I have the option of cutting it lower, especially when I go on vacation or get ready to reseed my grass. The .75” – 2.75” range is an extraordinarily wide cutting length range!

The Worx Eelectric Lawn Mower WG712 uses a 13 AMP electric motor as opposed to the more common 12 AMP motors that can be seen in most lawn mowers. That’s not enough for me to brag on and on about the power of this lawn mower like I did the cutting height, but it is powerful enough for this reviewer to say it should have no problems cutting through most lawns.

The handle looks a little flimsy. Once again, looks are very deceiving; the handle of the Worx Electric Lawn Mower holds up to abuse just fine. It has comfortable grips too. A lot of lawn mower manufacturers forget that even rugged outdoorsmen like yours truly would prefer some kind of foam or padding around the handles.

My one complaint about this lawn mower is the blade length. It’s a little short. For 220 bucks I would definitely like to see an 18” – 20” blade. Sure, it makes the Worx WG712 Lawn mower a lot lighter, but a good lawn mower should be able to cut a medium sized lawn in a reasonable amount of time. If you considering the Worx Electric Lawn Mower


No comments: