Monday, March 24, 2008

Lawn Boy Insight Lawn Mower 103685 Review

Lawn Boy Insight Gas Powered Lawn Mower 103685Lawn Boy Insight Gas Powered Lawn Mower 103685 Review
Lawn Boy Insight Gas Powered Lawn Mower Rating:
4.5 stars out of 5 for being powerful, reliable, and cheap
Price: $349
Click To Buy The Lawn-Boy Insight Series Lawn Mower 10685

When I first started my lawn tool and garden blog I didn’t want to review lawn mowers. I hate the thought of people telling me what lawn mower to buy. I’m so passionate about my lawn that I’m touchy and defensive when someone tells me I should be using this lawn mower or that edger to get a better looking lawn. That changed last week when my friend Jimmy came by and asked me about my lawn. He wanted to know about lawn mowers, how much he should pay, and whether or not he should get an electric or gas powered lawn mower. “Oh! Not everyone is as touchy as me!” Thanks to my friend Jimmy I have chosen to review the Lawn Boy Insight Gas Powered Lawn Mower

Just remember, I’m not going to compare the Lawn Boy Insight to any Electric Lawn Mowers, it’s like comparing an apple to an orange. You can’t do it.

I like Lawn Boy Lawn Mowers because they have proven to be rugged. When I accidentally run over that hidden rock or mow my dog Pepper’s chew toy I know there’s a good chance the Lawn Boy will overcome and continue turning. I can’t say that about too many brands and I’ll be the first to admit that Lawn Boy has produced some produced some pretty bad lawn mowers in the past, but Lawn Boy has far more huge successes than failures. That said, the Lawn Boy Insight 103685 Lawn Mower is another one of Lawn Boy’s success stories.

The first thing that’s always on my mind is horsepower. The Lawn Boy Insight possesses a powerful 6.5 HP motor that should power through most tall grass and weeds. I’m not going to be so bold as to say it can ride through tree stumps, but the sheer power and excellent blade design combine to make a very effective lawn mower.

Lawn Boy has done a very good job with the deck and including clipping options. Lawn Boy has built a 21” deck for the Insight Gas Powered Lawn Mower. That’s a good deck size for yards under half an acre. Gardeners can choose to adjust the blade to cut grass between 1” to 4”. A one inch to four inch blade length should be suitable for most lawns except people trying to grow their own golfing green.

One of the reasons I really like the Lawn Boy Insight is the self propelling drive system. A lot of companies get this part of the lawn mower wrong. I’ve used lawn mowers where the self propel system will pull the user or move so slowly it hampers the speed of the gardener. Lawn Boy has built the Lawn Boy Insight Gas Powered Lawn Mower with a smart drive system that senses how fast the gardener is pushing the mower and automatically adjusts the speed of the drive system to accommodate. It’s a really easy to use drive system.

This Lawn Boy Insight Gas Powered Lawn Mower 103685 is truly a well made machine. So long as proper care and maintenance is taken, it should last through many seasons worth of mowing and mulching. On top of all this, what really sells me on the Lawn Boy Insight is price. The Lawn Boy Insight sells for a mere $349! That’s incredibly cheap and enough to earn a near perfect 4.5 stars from me!

No comments: