Monday, March 24, 2008

Toro Weed Wacker Review 51467

Toro Weed Wacker51467Toro 8” Electric Weed Wacker Review
Toro 8” Electric Weed Wacker Rating: 2.5 stars out of 5 for feeling flimsy and outclassed by cheaper weed wackers
Price: $69.99
Click To Buy The Toro Cordless Trimmer #51467

This was a bad weekend. My perfect Saturday of video games, BBQing, and of course working on my soon to be immaculate lawn was ruined by surprise houseguests. I’m glad they came, but I’m not glad weed wacking and marinating were replaced by sweeping and baking. Oh well, I was glad to see them, it’s been a while. Anyway, I wanted to cheer myself up by writing about lawn and garden tools. If I can’t work on my lawn, I can at least think about it!

The Toro 8 Inch Weed Wacker is decent. It’s not horrible, it’s not great, it’s decent. It has a fairly decent Bump and Feed line that feeds string by tapping the head on pavement. It has a decent price. I wouldn’t feel cheated if I bought this Toro Weed Wacker, but I would get the same feeling I felt when I walked out of Cloverfield and think “huh? That’s it? Okay.” But there are definitely better priced weed eaters out there with far more features and much better designs.

The Toro 8 Inch Battery Powered Weed Eater has a single saving grace. The manufacturer’s 2 year warranty at least tells me Toro has confidence enough to provide parts and service for this weed wacker if it malfunctions or breaks down in the field. I feel confident in just about any lawn tool when the manufacturer says “hey, I’ll replace it if it breaks on ya because I know it won’t.”

My big problem with the Toro Battery Powered Weed Eater is that it feels like an orange crème puff. The best way to describe holding the Toro 5146 Weed Wacker is it like holding a wiffle bat. I don’t know about you, but I like my lawn and garden tools to feel solid. The wiffle bat feel is just distracting.

I could go in to a few more details about the decent battery life and power. But I won’t. Frankly the Toro 8 Inch Weed Wacker is just too middle of the road for me to have any passion to write about it. I like to review lawn tools and equipment that are horrible or stellar. Mediocre just leaves me cold.

No comments: