Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hydrofarm CK64050 Germination Station Review

Hello,


Well, spring is finally coming around again. Flowers are starting to bloom, days are getting longer and warmer, and the rain seems to have stopped for now. This is the best time of the year for an amateur gardener like me! I don't know what I'll be planting this year, but I have a long trip to Home Depot scheduled for next weekend. I'll keep my readers updated and informed as this year's gardening moves ahead.



Since it is the beginning of spring, I would like to point out a product that can help reduce the cost of starting a new garden and make it easier to grow the plants you want to grow. I introduce the Germination Station. This machine works a lot like a miniature plug in greenhouse. If it's still too cold in your area to grow the plants you want to grow this spring, the Germination Station can make it possible to get seedlings started. The Germination Station comes with a heating pad and a clear plastic cover to control heat and humidity allowing you to create an ideal environment for growing whatever it is you want to grow.



Growing seeds is generally a lot more difficult than buying pony packs from the Home Depot or Wal-Mart's garden section and putting them in the ground. The germination Station makes growing plants from seedlings much easier, especially for the novice gardener. If you plan on growing a lot of new plants this spring you can save a lot of money by using the Germination Station by buying packages of seeds rather than pre-grown plants. Packages of seeds cost anywhere from a dollar to five dollars for high-end, premium plants. In contrast, pony packs can cost anywhere from three dollars to several hundred dollars. I personally prefer to start as many of my plants as possible from seeds rather than buying pony packs, it’s just the way things are done in my garden.



The only drawback I can see for the germination Station is the price. At $40, the germination Station is an expensive piece of gardening equipment. It's definitely not for some gardeners, but newbies and perfectionists like myself can find quite a bit use for the germination Station. If I had the money I'd probably buy one this spring. Alas, the recession is hitting me quite hard.


No comments: