Monday, June 15, 2009

Neuton CE 5.2 Electric Lawn Mower Review

Hello,

I have a big backyard and I’ve logged in hundreds of lawn mowing hours over the years mowing my backyard alone. That doesn’t include the front yard and all the volunteer gardening I’ve done over the years! If anyone knows what a good lawn mower is it’s me. I’ve used everything from Scott’s push mowers to Toro Riding mowers. (Riding mowers are fun, it’s like riding a go-kart but actually accomplishing something!) That’s why I know the Neuton CE 5.2 Electric Lawn Mower is an Okay lawn mower.

The Neuton CE 5.2 Lawn Mower has a 14 inch blade which means it cuts an area 14 inches wide. That’s about the size of my lawn mower and I really can’t fault the Neuton CE 5.2 for that, 14 inch wide blades for pretty much standard, unless you buy a riding mower. What I do fault this lawn mower for is lacking the power and strength to propel the blade. There are very few lawn mowers that can deliver the power I need to mow my lawn, and chances are you’re needs are similar to mine. I may mow a big yard, but I’m definitely not mowing a jungle. If you buy this lawn mower be prepared to slow down if you reach thick patches of lawn….oh, and if you like the close to the ground look it’s going to be very difficult pushing the Neuton CE 5.2 Lawn Mower through your thatch. My other complaint is that the catch bag is way too small! I rarely use the catch bag on my own lawn, but if I did I would have to frequently stop and empty the catch bag.

In short, the Neuton CE 5.2 Lawn Mower is for people with small to medium sized lawns. But what’s more important, there are better electric lawn mowers out there for your money. Check through my reviews, I have plenty of recommendations!

No comments: